http://scan0001[1].jpg NewhouseNewz: Today is a Great Day

Monday, February 27, 2006

Today is a Great Day

Guess What?

Shelby went to church yesterday. She begged me to let her go. She said she just 'had to get out of the house'. She sat in her manual chair for entirely tooooo long. It does not have a tilt on the seating system so it was really hard. She was given a pain pill before we left and given Mortin at church. She was so happy. She is going to start 'homebound' school tomorrow.

Well, it is now 2 hours since I started this update. Shelby came into the room and told me she was having terrible stomach cramps. I asked her if she wanted to lay down and she said yes. Before we could get there, she started throwing up. We have a plan from her peditrician and that will follow with a GI consult, and flat panel x-ray of her belly. He does not think this is directly related to the surgery because she has had a few days of feeling good. He does feel that it is from the throwing up and the lack of fluids in her system. The lack of fluids has caused a really slow tummy. Exciting stuff, huh??

We appreciate your prayers, she just has to get over this hump.

We will keep you posted,

Kim

4 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelby,
If it makes you feel anybetter just about everyone I know has had a touch of that bug. Glad to hear that you felt well enough to go to church. You are a true fighter. But you are going to have to stop working your guardian angels overtime. Hope that makes you giggle. tee hee. Tell your mom that I miss her and that you all remain close to our hearts and in our prayers.

Hugs and kisses,
Josie

 
At 6:15 PM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHELBY
IT WAS SO VERY GOOD TO SEE YOU YESTERDAY. WHAT A GREAT SMILE AND SUCH A GREAT HUG.

I SURE HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

LOVE YOU
NANCY

 
At 8:42 PM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelby,


I have been praying for you every single night. I am sorry I can't come over Friday, I was going to, but then my Dad said we were going to have a goroge sale, and I don,t like it when he is left alone, because he gets lonly.

Love,

Margaret Fuller

 
At 10:30 AM, March 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Newhouse family! Shelby, glad you were able to move out of the house a little bit for something other than seeing a Dr.!! Reece has been sick-he missed 4 days of school this week. Other than for an appendectomy, I think that is the most number of days he's ever missed in a row!! Shelby can certainly relate to the missed school work panic-although she should be well past that point by now! Shauna and Jon are in New Mexico where she's a finalist in a flute competition. I'm home holding down the fort!! Keep healing up there-I'm looking forward to more and more happy and healthy reports!!! Love to you all, Dena and family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home